Interim Report of the Citizens’ Commission on Elections on EVMs and VVPAT – Read Entire Executive Summary…
Modern India’s greatest pride is that it is not only the world’s largest, but because of the grassroots institutional mechanisms that we have built for the panchayat raj, is also the most vibrant democracy. It gives to every Indian the world’s largest number of elected representatives to ensure peoples’ participation in governance at the local, state and national levels. At the national level the institution of the Election Commission of India (ECI) is mandated to ensure that this participation is not only truly representative, but also one of the world’s most free. Read Entire Foreword… English | Malayalam
In the recent years India’s democracy has been called into question by international watchdogs. In the 2019 Democracy Index released by the intelligence unit of The Economist Group, London, India had slipped by 10 ranks to 51st position — a big downgrade. The Index categorized India under “flawed democracies.” Read Entire Preface… English | Malayalam
In a healthy democracy, citizens are expected to take an active interest in the process and conduct of elections. The Election Commission of India (ECI), set up under Article 324 of the Constitution of India, has often worked in close collaboration with independent organisations dedicated to the strengthening of democracy. Such bodies of citizens have provided valuable feedback to the Commission and have flagged issues of concern or alarm. Read Entire Press Release… – English | Bengali | Tamil | Malayalam
- Poonam Agarwal, Journalist, The Quint – Deposition – 1 | Supporting Documents – 2 | 3 | 4
- Devasahayam M G, IAS (Retired) – Deposition – 1 | Supporting Documents – 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
- Venkatesh Nayak, RTI Activist – Deposition – 1 | Supporting Documents – 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18
- Prasanna S, Advocate – Deposition – 1
- Anupam Saraph, Professor and Future Designer. Deposition – 1 | Supporting Documents – 2 | 3
- Subodh Sharma, Assistant Professor, Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Delhi – Deposition – 1
- Sandeep Shukla, Professor, Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Kanpur- Deposition – 1
- Bappa Sinha, Technologist, Free Software Movement of India – Deposition – 1
- Joint Deposition of,Poorvi L Vora, Professor, Computer Science, George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA.
- Alok Choudhary, Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA.
- J Alex Halderman, Professor, Computer Science and Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA.
- Douglas W Jones, Associate Professor, Computer Science, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
- Nasir Memon, Professor, Computer Science and Engineering, New York University (Brooklyn), New York, New York, USA
- Bhagirath Narahari, Professor, Computer Science, George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
- R Ramanujam, Professor, Computer Science, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai, India
- Ronald L Rivest, Professor, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
- Philip B Stark, Professor of Statistics, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- K V Subrahmanyam, Professor, Computer Science, Chennai Mathematical Institute, Chennai, India
- Vanessa Teague, Associate Professor, School of Computing and Information Systems, University of Melbourne, Australia – Deposition – 1 | Supporting Document – 2